Thursday, May 21, 2009

DAILY TIP: MAKE EYE CONTACT & SMILE!

write something here
IMPORTANT - to build a relationship with your customers and make them feel valued and important. This is vital for building long term customer loyalty.

This may sound like an obvious thing to say but you, and your staff, should make eye contact with every customer who walks in your store or past your store window.

THEN SMILE!!

The best thing is that it is FREE!! This is part of your Marketing Plan that will cost you absolutely NOTHING.

It is not only free but it will make you and your customer feel good! Smiling is contagious so spread the happiness!

Be vigilant with staff and monitor it always, giving feedback when you see it is not done. Lead by example!

Smiling has physical benefits too!! Amongst them - Changes your mood and tricks your body into thinking you feel great, relieves stress, boosts your immune system, lowers your blood pressure, releases endorphins, natural pain killers and serotonia and helps you stay positive!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, Again, I couldn't agree more. We greet every customer as they enter and farewell every customer as they leave!!! Your customer may be having a bad day, and that hello with a friendly smile, might be just what they need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile just reading that. That said, the reason I go back to my favourite retailers is because I like them as people and I can feel however I feel that day, share it with them and there is a good relationship. My favourite retailer makes me laugh more than anyone, every week! Aren't I lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you truly are Frances! wish more people had such expereinces!!
    this is my mission!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin