Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the gorgeous people you meet online..Pete & Dave

Being online does not mean that your offline manners and sensibilities do not make the same impact.

I had the pleasure of meeting Pete Goodlet @petegoodlet and David Gale @daylesford_dave on Twitter.  A comment was made about blogging and the challenges.  I replied it is easy, even my Mum is on Twitter, Facebook & has a blog (she IS an extraordinary woman).

Buoyed by this, off they went!! And how!  I watch the chook video on the blog whenever I need a giggle!! J

Turns out that they are super creative, funny, talented and simply gorgeous people and I enjoy chatting with them.   Pete is an artist, not just a good ‘drawer’ but  a poet too!!  They work from a studio /gallery in Daylesford (yum!) that is c. 1865 – how can beautiful things not come from that!!

Pete very generously sent me some of his cards – one that even looks a little like me!! (pic below)

The blog: http://petegoodlet.posterous.com/

The Website:  http://www.artpetegoodlet.com/

Checkout and or buy the cards onEtsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/artpetegoodlet

I will visit them one day and I hope when they are in Sydney we will see eachother and I feel that we will be firm friends for a long time to come, enriching all of us and making us smile!

And it would not have happened if Pete didn’t Tweet and I didn’t hear him!!

Ps: in case you don’t know, I am a stationery addict and wholesaler – but only the good stuff!

I nearly don’t want to give the cards to people ….actually I think I will arrange them on the wall of mmy new office….stay tuned!!

Posted via email from Miss Manners' posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin